The main legal procedures for dealing with planning applications (in Scotland) are set through the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1997, the Planning etc. (Scotland) Act 2006 together with the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (Scotland) Regulations 2013 and the Town and Country Planning (Hierarchy of Developments) (Scotland) Regulations 2009. The legal process is then further supported by a raft of Planning Circulars and Planning Advice Notes on matters ranging from Masterplanning to Environmental Impact Assessments.


If you’re asking yourself “do I need a planning permission?”, then this would be a good time to contact us where you will receive honest impartial advice. We also do provide a “complete service” with access to several other professional services such as architects, architectural technicians and builders we can call upon to assist in providing you with high quality drawings and services as part of your planning application – if required. No Job Too Small To  Use Our Professional Planning Services and Get Reassurance and Peace of Mind !


If you would like to build an extension, fit a skylight or extend part of your house into your garden you may require consent from the local authority. With recent changes to legislation there has never been a better time to improve your home or garden. You maybe able to improve your existing property through permitted development legislation, but this can often be confusing and we can help to guide you through the process.


We can prepare a design brief and access statements in support of a range of applications that can be tailored to the individual needs of the client. It is becoming increasingly apparent that well designed planning applications have a greater chance of success. A graphically well produced document is more easily understood and clearly outlines the aims of the application.


Is your neighbours high hedge ruining your life? Have you been unable to find a resolution through the normal channels? Is your neighbour even refusing to discuss the issue? We have a proven track record in resolving high hedge issues through mediation between neighbours and escalating the dispute under the High Hedge (Scotland) Act 2013. Why spending thousands of pounds in legal fees where we – as experienced planning consultants – can resolve this for you for a modest fee? Look no further than PSE.


Listed Building Consent is needed for any work to be carried out to a listed building that would affect its special character and/or appearance in any way. It is not uncommon for applicants to require both planning permission and listed building consent before any work can be undertaken.

At PSE, we have an excellent record of obtaining both Listed Building Consent and planning permission for both individual clients and businesses.


Do you want change your type of business from one into another ? For example, from an office into a café or from a nursery into a private dwelling? Or do you want to make use of an empty space, but you are unsure whether or not you will get planning permission for your proposal ? At PSE we have considerable experience in securing a change of use for one type of business into another by working with the relevant Local Authority.


Are you unhappy about a proposed development in your area, for example  a new housing development or industrial plant, loss of green space, or an unreasonable planning application  submitted by your neighbours which you believe may have a detrimental impact on your life? Our considerable experience of the planning system enables us to put together and submit to the relevant Local Authority well argued and comprehensive objections letters which we believe will give you the best chance of success in objecting to the proposal.


We can carry out a full site appraisal, including history, specific circumstances of the site and potential for development.


Community engagement can be an essential part of the planning application process particularly if you are planning on opening a new business or applying to develop land which may have an impact on the amenity of the area. Positive community engagement can be crucial to the success of your project and can be managed through social media, public exhibitions and workshops.


The Certificate of Lawfulness for Existing Use or Development allows you to obtain a decision from the planning authority on whether planning permission is required for existing building works or development that have previously taken place without the appropriate planning consent. This can sometimes be very challenging particularly amassing the necessary evidence to prove the long term existence of a particular development. At PSE we can help you gather the necessary evidence required. In certain circumstances this may involve obtaining sworn testimonies in the form of an affidavit.

Planning Advice Edinburgh

Planning Applications Edinburgh - Planning Advice Edinburgh

Planning Solutions Edinburgh - Planning Advice Edinburgh

Energy Efficient Homes Edinburgh - Planning Advice Edinburgh

Comments are closed.